The Institute for Children, Youth and Mission (iCYM) is commencing a new phase of development to reimagine its training and qualifications in mission, ministry and chaplaincy among children and young people; their families and communities.
Following twenty years as a consortium, and a period of change for our member organisations, iCYM is moving towards a centralised model of delivery from a new home in the East Midlands that will provide a national offer through a blended learning model.
iCYM Chair, Dr Alastair Jones, explains:
“The past decade has seen an unprecedented change in the educational and training landscape in the UK. These changes require a reimagining of opportunities for training, qualifications and continuing professional development that will equip the church for the challenges of a new decade.
Our consortium partners have reviewed their provision, with our member organisations moving towards more regional or specialist provision in the past few years, the latest (announced today) being a new collaboration in Northern Ireland to be called Moorlands NI @ Youth Link. We wish Youth Link every success in their new venture.
iCYM is proud of its history in enabling hundreds of students to achieve higher education and professional qualifications in work and ministry through its regional centres but recognises that a changing landscape requires a new approach for a new decade.
Now that various partners of the consortium are operating under new arrangements, this provides an exciting opportunity for iCYM to centralise its provision and ‘reimagine’ its offer for those pursuing a vocation in mission, ministry and chaplaincy among children and young people; their families and communities.”
iCYM will be making this transition for the start of a new academic year in September 2020, marking a new decade as a leading provider of theological education, professional and ministerial formation for work with children, young people and communities.
For further information please contact Dr Alastair Jones, Chair of Trustees, email@example.com or
Revd Dr Sally Nash, Director of Undergraduate Studies at iCYM, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Smith, Director of Postgraduate Studies at iCYM email@example.com
- For the full announcement regarding Youth Link Northern Ireland, please see the press release on the Youth Link website titled: “Moorlands College and Youth Link: NI look to the future.”
- Any students currently studying on a course provided through iCYM and its partners will continue to be supported by iCYM until they complete their current course
- Delivery members of the CYM consortium in the past: Bristol Baptist College; Frontier Youth Trust; Oxford Youth Works; Ridley Hall Cambridge, St John’s College Nottingham; Youth for Christ; Youth Link Northern Ireland
- For details of the current portfolio of courses available from CYM see: http://www.cym.ac.uk/
- Further details will be announced in the coming months.